Some people misunderstand the meaning of snacks and see it as a bad habit. Guys… you are wrong.
In a few words, snacking is defined as a phenomenon that occurs when you start feeling a bit hungry before mealtime. At this time, you need to eat something that stops the hunger without filling your stomach, so you can enjoy your meal on time. The same is applied to children, especially after a long day at school.
How to choose the best snacks?
Not any kind of food can be eaten as a snack, because if it doesn’t meet what you need at this stage, then it will harm you instead of benefiting you.
When choosing the snack, make sure that:
- Your snacks are light and healthy
- It is capable of reducing hunger, but it doesn’t fill your stomach.
- It has smaller portions than ordinary meals.
- Try to eat healthy snacks or at least add some vegetables or fruits.
Notice that snacks mean a lot of kinds of food including veggies, fruits, cereals, and many others, so expect a variety of different shapes, sizes, and colors.
Some people prefer to buy snacks ( like biscuits, chips, rolls…) from stores, while others prefer to prepare it at home like making some pancakes, crepe, donuts, soups… etc.
Sometimes, people just eat the leftovers from previous meals (usually previous lunch or dinner) and eat it as a snack. Additionally, when you don’t have time to prepare, you can always eat some fruits or vegetables like cucumbers and carrots.
Recipe for snack mix
Anyway, whether you are looking for snacks for you or your children, nothing can be more delicious than a snack mix. With snack mixes, you can follow the recipe for snack mix, or just add what you love.
Here is a recipe for snack mix, actually, here are a few:
1- Ranch Snack Mix
Ranch snack mix is an easy recipe that doesn’t involve any cooking. It is crunchy in an alternative to the cakes and pies.
Ingredients of Ranch Snack Mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) salted cashews
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature pretzels
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) Bugles
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package (6 ounces) cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
How to prepare Ranch Snack Mix
- Get a large bowl.
- Put the pretzels, Bugles, cashews, and crackers in it and mix them.
- Add the dressing mix and canola oil, then mix them together until they are well coated.
- Eat them. immediately, and store the extra quantity in airtight containers.
Total Time: 15 min.
2- White Chocolate Party Mix
Can you resist a chocolate party mix? I can’t
That’s why I love this recipe
Ingredients of White Chocolate Party Mix
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 pound chocolate M&M’s
- 1 package (10 ounces) mini pretzels
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
How to prepare White Chocolate Party Mix
- Get a large bowl.
- Put the first five ingredients in it.
- Get a microwave-safe bowl, put the heat chips and oil in it and stir then put them in the microwave for 5 seconds.
- Pour them on the cereal mixture and mix well till all the cereals are coated.
- Put them on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet till the cool.
- You can eat them directly or store them in airtight containers.
Total Time: 30 min.
Read also: Fun Recipes For Kids