irregular bedtimes problems and solution for your child
Many children find it difficult to sleep continuously and wake up at night, and this causes parents to worry about their child. But there is no need to worry because sleep disorders in children are common from infancy to the nursery and beyond but the causes of these disorders vary by age. So, we will provide you here irregular bedtimes problems and solution for your child. Follow us below to know that.
Here are some tips that will help you overcome your child’s irregular bedtimes problems:
- If your child is always waking up at a specific time every night, wake him up 15-45 minutes ahead of him then sleep him again.
- Make sure that your child is used to sleeping as much as possible and make his day full of activities and tasks. And do not give him time during the day to sleep unless he needs it so badly.
- Encourage him to sleep early after a busy day of movement and activity. This will help your child to sleep quickly and not wake up at night.
- Do not expose your child to movies of motion, excitement, fear, or other situations. That may be harmful to him such as seeing a blind person unconscious or in an operating room just before sleep causing him to panic and insomnia during sleep.
- Avoid giving meals to your child just before bedtime.
- Do not force him to sleep if he does not want to. He may bow to the order and sleep by seeing disturbing dreams or uncomfortable sleeping.
- Minimize liquids and drinks taken by the child just before bedtime, they lead to involuntary urination causing sleep disturbances.
- Make him always sleeps in his bed and room. Many children prefer to sleep next to their parents.
- If your child wakes up during sleep, do not rush to go but wait a little while to see if he will be sleeping alone again or need you.
- Avoid placing the child’s bed in places that make him see shades or move curtains so as not to frighten him.
Read also: How To Deal With A Child Who Has Extra Activity