Yoga And Meditation With Kids
yoga and meditation are sport systems consisting of a series of physical states that are performed in a sequential manner with consistent breathing and physical patterns. For this reason, yoga and meditation with kids have a different feeling from the rest of the normal exercise for the child as he can sing or put some candles around him during his yoga and meditation to add the spiritual element for the sport.
Also, these sports are easy to practice because there is no need to have sports tools, you need only a small carpet!
Why yoga and meditation for children?
yoga and meditation with kids give them energy and help them to relax the mind and you can notice tremendous progress in your child’s flexibility and strength and even control themselves after doing very few exercises. And The multiple benefits of yoga and meditation with kids include:
- Support the physical strength of the child: yoga and meditation with kids promote the physical strength of kids because they teach the child to use all the muscles in innovative ways.
- Support children’s equilibrium: yoga and meditation help to strengthen mental, physical and psychological balance for kids. For example, even if the child has difficulty standing on one foot, yoga or meditation teaches the child the physical and mental balance to help him stand on his feet.
- Support children’s focus: yoga or meditation helps the child to concentrate, especially in school which plays a role in the child’s best grades during the different academic years.
- –Support self-esteem and trust: Yoga helps instill confidence, patience and learning in the child as yoga encourages the child to work and achieve goals in the future life.
- Strengthens mind and body: Yoga strengthens the connection between the mind and the body which fulfills the common saying “healthy mind in the healthy body”. Studies have indicated the importance of yoga for children with special needs, including autistic children.
Last but not least, we recommend you practice yoga and meditation with kids at last once a week. If you have other benefits about yoga, write it to us in comments.
Read also: Why It’s Important To Have Fun Workouts For Kids